Angela Waite Physiotherapy
A highly experienced Norfolk physiotherapist based in Honing, near North Walsham
Angela Waite has over 30 years experience providing hands on physiotherapy and bespoke orthopaedic treatment, building an excellent reputation for Physiotherapy assessment and treatment planning. From her clinic based in Honing, North East Norfolk, she provides custom rehabilitation programmes targeting your specific requirements and abilities.
Angela is a member of the Health & Care Professions Council, Physio First and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. She graduated from Addenbrooke’s school of Physiotherapy in 1987. In 1994, after working at the Ipswich Hospital, she moved back to Norfolk and worked extensively in General Practice in Norwich and North Walsham. She made the move into Private Practice while still working for the NHS, and getting involved in some teaching with undergraduate physiotherapy students at the UEA. Angela has passed the membership examination for the Society of Orthopaedic Medicine and is trained in Clinical Pilates
Recovery from Surgery
Soft Tissue Problems
Angela sees a wide range of conditions. Back and neck pain, sciatica, foot problems e.g. plantar fasciitis, sports injuries, muscle and ligament sprains, joint problems e.g. arthritis and also offers treatment and advice pre and post operatively for musculo-skeletal conditions.
Angela uses a wide range of manual therapy techniques providing a hands on approach to treatment, including mobilisation, manipulation and soft tissue techniques.
Angela has extensive experience with elite and recreational athletes, including cyclists, runners, swimmers, rowers, and equestrians. Early intervention facilitates an uncomplicated and faster recovery. Good rehabilitation is widely accepted as key in injury prevention and recurrence.
Following your assessment a rehabilitation programme can be developed in conjunction with your clinic based treatment. This is based on your aims, objectives and expectations of treatment.
Pre & Post Operative Physiotherapy
Advice pre surgery and relevant “prehab “ programmes, followed by “rehab” treatments and programmes post operatively. Physiotherapy review after hip, knee, shoulder or spinal surgery including joint replacement and general orthopaedic surgery.
Angela uses Pilates based exercise programmes widely used in all disciplines from dance to contact sport to promote functional recovery and strength in muscles. This approach improves strength, control, balance and coordination of the whole body, not just the specific area of injury.
What to expect
- Allow up to one hour for your first appointment. This allows for a discussion about your problem, an examination and some treatment.
- Following this a treatment plan can be devised and the management of the condition explained.
- You are welcome to be accompanied during treatment, space is a little limited so one person only please.
- It is Practice policy that all minors (up to age 16) are accompanied during treatment.
- Follow up appointments usually require less time.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the assessment, and be aware I will need to see the appropriate area.
- Clothing should be comfortable and easily removed for your assessment.
- Please bring your usual footwear or sports shoes / equipment for the assessment if relevant.